We need to come to a decision about this move. I mean, really, we've already decided that we are moving, it's just that we haven't agreed upon when. Realistically, it could be anywhere between 9 months and 2 years from now.
Personally, I think it would be nice to allow our son to finish his first year in Kindergarten here in the States, rather than uproot him right in the middle of a school year. He's going to be attending a Spanish immersion school. He already speaks Spanish and English, but the only person he consistently speaks Spanish with on a day-to-day basis is his papa. When we toured the schools (we are wait listed for 2) we were delighted to find that the majority of the teachers are native Spanish speakers, and that slightly more than 50% of the students are native speakers as well. We know that going to a school such as this is going to help ease our son's transition once we finally do go to Mexico.
There's also the issue of saving money before we go. We're sort of in a strange position because yes, we want to save money, but not having the means to save the money is one of the key motivators that is pushing us to move to Mexico. I know it will be easier for me to find steady work once my son enters kindergarten. For now, we are just cutting out the frills, discount shopping, and I'm trying to pick up hours tutoring and at my part-time job. We do not want to be dependent upon his family for everything when we get there, and the more money we have saved the more independence we'll enjoy.
So, when are we going?? I think there are many things to consider, namely all of the things on the triptik (IE. to-do list) that I presented a few entries ago. Also, I want to allow my family the time to get used to the idea and I don't want to leave here with them angry at us. As I type this I am coming to the frightening realization that we are nearing the time where we need to share our decision with my family. Yikes.